Jablonski 5

Thursday, August 19, 2010

coocoo


So I am crazy. I suggested to Kevin that we should try and make it on one car. Our lease was up and we were in a mad stress filled rush to find something else. Forget it! I said. Let's try going to just one car. Save some money and reevaluate in a few months. That way no rush and more money in the bank.

It made sense. But in truth I must have been out of my mind. I have 3 kids and they have activities and school coming up. Also I have 1 extra that I have been watching for the summer. But! I am committed....no not to the loony bin....I am committed to this plan. Today Hannah has piano at 4. The weatherman says rain. We are planning to ride our bikes. Maybe mother nature will wait a few before pouring down her wet goodness. Maybe we will get wet.

The other day I ventured out to meet with Allison's teacher and trade in books. We have been working on her reading this summer to get her ready for 1st grade. I took all 4 kids on a bike ride through construction up to the school and then over to the park for a picnic with friends. We did great. I was feeling pretty good. On the way home, Allison's bike chain fell off and her bike was broken. I did NOT panic (ok maybe a little internal freak out). I packed her and her bike into the bike trailer with T and rode home. Embarrassingly when we got to our street I had to get off my bike and walk it to our house. My legs were like Jello. I felt victorious once there though.

Maybe just maybe this is the answer to my prayer to loose some flubber around my middle....but I still think I may have "flown over the coo coo's nest and I am never ever coming back".

1 comment:

  1. You are woman hear you roar! I think that it is a bit coo coo for cocoa puffs, but more power to you! AND your being more environmentally responsible, which is always a plus! Oh and if you really wanted to when Lent comes, you can say you already gave up transportation convienience in the fall! xoS

    ReplyDelete