Jablonski 5

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Classrooms Assigned....


Today is the day the postcards are coming. It's the time of year when the kids find out who will teach them this year. Also, if their friends are in the same class or if they have to meet on the playground at lunch. My little first grader was excited to find out that a few of her friends are in her class. But Hannah's friend Sophia is not in the same class. She seems trepidatious. I quell some fears by telling her how young and nice I hear her new teacher is. As I think about it more I share her concern. Last year stunk. She started out just fine, but it turned out her teacher was a dud and she was bullied in class. I want this year to be so much better for her. I am full of p's and t's with this situation. If you have some spare time send some of your own her way please do!

In the mean time I am thinking about how to get the girls off to a great start. Hmm.... Ideas to share???

3 comments:

  1. I know I am going to see you in an hour, but...I say to start a tradition like nienie. She always has a nice dinner with a theme and crowns for the kids....here's a link: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2010/08/to-learn-with-joy.html It's awesome!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that way too. What are p's and t's??? The only thing I could think of are pleases and thank yous. Either way, I agree with Laurie! Nie Nie's dinners are super cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers and thoughts :) I think we will be having an ice cream sundae for dinner night as our last hurrah before back to school. But I am thinking about making crowns!

    ReplyDelete